Database Architect (CyberSecurity)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Database Architect who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are looking for a talented, passionate and technically skilled Database Architect with strong background in OLTP workloads, who will help us build and maintain an optimized, highly available, high-performance DBaaS. As the Database Architect, you will work closely with Acronis Software Architects, Developers, QA, Operation teams and will take part in database design review processes and activities, performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting facilities. Acronis' technological stack includes clustered relational (PostgreSQL, Percona) and NoSQL (Cassandra, Elasticsearch) databases.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Schema design and dataflow analysis of existing databases used in Acronis products to improve the efficiency of database services;
- Build a database infrastructure with high availability, security and performance based on Acronis products to meet incoming business requirements;
- Active participation in work to improve the reliability of databases and in incident resolution;
- Participate in migration scripts review and acceptance;
- Work closely with developers to help design the needed database structures, solve problems, and optimize the performance of key products;
- Mentor and train colleagues where necessary by helping them learn and improve their SQL skills, as well as innovate and iterate on best practices;
- Development of database team tools
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 5+ years of experience OLTP workload programming and performance optimization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of relational database design and operation (normalization, denormalization, constraints, indexes, data sharding, etc)
- Experience in programming: SQL, PL/pgSQL
- Experience in PostgreSQL as DB architect (tuning, performance troubleshooting, backups, monitoring)
- Linux OS administration skills
- Understanding of High Availability principles for databases
- Fluent English
*This position is remote from anywhere in the US, with offices in Tempe Arizona and Burlington Massachusetts for those who prefer a hybrid working option
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Something looks off?