Linux Systems Administrator
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for someone who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
The Linux Systems Administrator supports Acronis internal IT systems and virtualization platforms. In this role you will deploy, update and maintain distributed virtualization clusters, and work with other teams to ensure SLAs are met. This role may require occasional work outside of business hours in case of emergencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
A part of the internal Acronis systems run on Linux on bare metal servers or in VMs, both on-premise and in the cloud. Your job will be to:
- Deploy, manage and upgrade Linux servers; using Ansible for consistent provisioning and configuration.
- Manage infrastructure monitoring (Zabbix and Prometheus), implement new monitoring checks and retire obsolete ones.
- Fix the problems when they arise, ensuring SLOs are reached.
- Based on the operational experience gathered, design and implement infrastructure improvements for better security, stability, performance and efficiency.
- Maintain the documentation and the configuration repository.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- We are looking for a candidate who possess the ability and willingness to learn new things. Unbeatable curiosity and the tenacity to solve problems is a must.
- You must be familiar with Linux system administration, both on bare metal and in virtualized environments. Ideally, you should
- understand storage technologies including iSCSI, RAID and SDS.
- Understanding the principles of infrastructure-as-a-code, experience using Ansible and shell scripting for Linux system administration/automation.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies, hands-on experience with Docker, KVM and oVirt.
- Experience using GIT in collaborative development.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and network technologies.
- Basic knowledge of MySQL administration and knowledge of at least one programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Go would be highly advantageous.
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Something looks off?