Technical Support Engineer (T2 Expert)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Technical Support Engineer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
Technical Support Engineer is a part of a dedicated team of experts responsible for advanced troubleshooting of our Cyber Protect flagman product. The product helps companies save their mission-critical projects or data by providing backup and disaster recovery features hand-in-hand with the cutting-edge cybersecurity functionality. This role provides an opportunity to practice technical skills with Windows, Linux, network, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies. It's a good chance to join the team of enthusiastic people supporting businesses of all sizes all across the world by closely working together with different departments like Software Engineering, Product Management, Data Center Operations, Professional Services and so on.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on resolving various technical incidents for the Company’s customers involving various software, networking and hardware environments.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with customers able to thrive in the ever-changing work environment.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Security,Cloud, Storage,
- Virtualization, Business Applications, etc). Maintain deep knowledge of Company operations to support client requests effectively.
- Interact with various departments to analyze and resolve problems;
- Provide technical advice to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses. Provide for the development of junior staff within the work group through mentoring and technical guidance.
- Develop documentation regarding installation, upgrades, support, and compatibility issues.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Fluent English (both oral and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum)
- +2 years of experience in an L2-L3 technical support or system administrator role
- Advanced technical expertise in:
- Windows Server - gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps, application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer
- Networking - Packet, performance, routing, connectivity analysis and troubleshooting skills (ability to work with Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Virtualization - deploying and managing at least one of various enterprise-grade hypervisors such as, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, and Virtuozzo
- Good communication skills and customer service focus
- Passion for troubleshooting and ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues.
Would be considered plus if you have:
- Linux/UNIX - application and configuration management, CLI power user
- Cloud/AWS/Azure - Experience working with Cloud solutions or in Cloud software Support Team
- Business applications - MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp
- Security expertise - Knowledge of Cyber Security threats assessment and mitigation (black-box/grey-box/white-box testing, patch management, malware detection
*Please submit your resume and application in English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by integrating backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile—all at a low cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Something looks off?