Director of Government Relations
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Government Relations Leader to join our global, dynamic team. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives to build and maintain strong relationships with government entities, policymakers, and regulatory bodies at local, national, and international levels. Your objective will be to promote Acronis' interests, influence policy decisions, navigate complex regulatory landscapes, and secure EU funding and support measures for relevant projects and initiatives.
The position is reporting to the SVP Business Operations at Acronis, however you will also support Constructor Group (learn more about who we are below). If you are passionate about government relations, have a deep understanding of the regulatory landscape, and want to make a significant impact in a fast-paced technology company, we invite you to apply. Together, we can shape policies and foster an environment that promotes innovation, data security, and privacy protection.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Government Relations Strategy:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive government relations strategy aligned with Acronis' business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Identify key stakeholders, policymakers, and influencers at various government levels and establish effective relationships.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments, assess their impact on Acronis, and provide timely advice and recommendations to senior management.
- Assist as a communicator with officials to develop business relations and/or sales leads in the European Union (“EU”) and The European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all programs implemented and managed with all government agencies, tertiary institutions, industry associations and business chambers, as well as with any external partners
EU Funding and Support Measures:
- Identify funding opportunities and support measures available at the EU level that align with Acronis' objectives and initiatives.
- Develop strategies and proposals to secure EU funding for relevant projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure compliance with EU funding requirements and manage reporting obligations.
- Stay updated on EU funding programs and policy developments to leverage available resources for Acronis' growth and innovation.
Oversee and provide guidance on visa, relocation, and immigration matters related to Acronis' global operations:
- Collaborate with Consulate General, Ambassadors, and Visa Officers to develop and implement strategies for smooth employee relocation and immigration processes.
- Stay updated on immigration laws, regulations, and policies in relevant countries to ensure compliance and facilitate efficient immigration procedures.
- Identify and augment Acronis’ participation in key European IT tradeshows, seminars and events. Participation at such events could include (but not limited to) representing Acronis as a speaker, invitation of GR contacts and membership of World Economic Forum.
- Lead the Acronis' GR Team in developing market strategies to broaden and deeper Acronis’ partnership base and outreach; as well as rolling out various tactical programs to enhance Acronis’ strategic positioning.
- Support the development of the Acronis Cyber Foundation and the implementation of its projects through maintaining the communication with existing GR partners, attracting new partners and providing suggestions on funding opportunities.
- Provide sales leads to the Sales Team through the various networks developed.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 10+ years of public policy and/or government affairs work with global exposure.
- Deep understanding and knowledge regulatory landscape.
- Outstanding communicator who can advocate for issues externally in public settings as well as explain their impacts internally.
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects and stakeholders under tight deadlines.
- Highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Fluent English in order to collaborate with global teams; fluency in additional languages preferred (German, French, other)
- Located in Switzerland, with willingness to travel as needed
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection. Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in over 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Constructor Group is a science, education and technology ecosystem founded in 2019. Through its non-profit and for-profit entities that combine a university, a research center, businesses, consulting services, incubation, and funding, Constructor group aims to provide innovative education that covers the entire learning lifecycle and technology breakthroughs in five fundamental technology trends.