Kernel Team Lead
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for someone who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
The Kernel Team Lead is a key role within the organization, reporting directly to the Head of Cyber Security department. This position is responsible for leading and managing the Kernel Team, overseeing kernel and system research and development tasks, managing projects delivery in tim, software architecture and interfaces design, as well as providing technical guidance and mentorship to team members. The Kernel Team Lead collaborates closely with security analysts, malware researchers, userspace developers, ensuring effective communication and coordination. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining the existing codebase, resolving complex issues, and driving the professional growth of the team.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and manage the Kernel Team, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and task assignment to team members distributed between Acronis offices.
- Establish and maintain quality assurance and project management processes in the team to deliver required changes in time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with security analysts, malware researchers, reverse engineers and userspace services developers to accomplish common tasks and ensure effective communication between teams.
- Lead software architecture and interfaces design for both Windows, MacOS and Linux components developed and maintained by the Kernel Team, including integration with higher-level components or products from other teams.
- Ensure timely maintenance of the existing codebase, including bug fixes in drivers and components, and coordinate efforts with other teams to investigate and resolve complex issues requiring cross-team collaboration.
- Drive the professional growth of the Kernel Team members by sharing knowledge and experience in areas such as Windows internals, kernel-mode development, and information security.
- Maintain awareness of development progress, current issues, and risks, and provide clear and concise communication to management.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent engineering education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience formally leading software development team
- Strong estimation and project planning skills, including capacity planning and risk management
- Extensive knowledge and coding experience in C/C++ languages, with deep knowledge of Windows platform internals, knowledge in MacOS and Linux kernel development specifics. Knowledge in the information security field and experience in developing security solutions are highly desirable.
- Experience in the development of file systems and/or file system filters/minifilter drivers is a strong plus.
- Experience in the development of network filter drivers, particularly Windows Filtering Platform drivers, is advantageous.
- Minimum of 15 years of overall development experience on Windows, with 15+ years of experience in kernel-mode components development. Proficiency in writing asynchronous, thread-safe, and concurrent code is required, along with experience in writing production-grade code.
- Advanced kernel-mode and user-mode debugging skills, with experience in developing extensions/plugins for any debugger being advantageous.
- Strong reverse engineering skills, including experience with tools like IDA Pro. Good knowledge of assembly language on x86/AMD64 CPU architectures is necessary, and malware-specific analysis skills are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in software architecture and interfaces (API) design, with experience in developing robust and scalable software solutions. Knowledge of performance analysis and tuning is beneficial.
WHO WE ARE:
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances
Employee recognition program – CyberDragon Award
Employee referral bonus program
Hybrid and flexible working mode
25 days paid annual leave
Supplementary health insurance for employees and family members, including dental treatment
Monthly sports card for employees and family members
Monthly public transport card
Convenient and modern office location in the Building of the year including office massage and game rooms
Free parking for cars, bikes and bicycles
Free lunch vouchers
Parties, team-buildings and birthday compliments
Global mentorship program
In-house training and professional development activities
Participation in conferences and seminars