Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud Platform Operations)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
Acronis offers Professional Services for our Service Providers and Enterprise users to assist with the design, integration, implementation, and on-going operation of Acronis Cyber Cloud and its components including backup, disaster recovery, storage, file sync and share, monitoring, and other data protection solutions. We take pride in delivering high-quality services and deliverables, and we believe that our partners’ success invariably depends on our ability to provide reliable and complete data protection and fast recovery services for virtual, physical, mobile and Cloud environments.
The Site Reliability Engineer will have an instrumental role and impact on Acronis’ success, and because they will be supporting business-critical systems they should have proper knowledge and experience with operating systems, scripting languages, applications, services and monitoring tools. And, just like every other position at Acronis, this person must embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, decision maker decisions and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement and execute automated scripts to resolve recurring Production issues with systems and services
- Triage Production issues, take swift action to restore services and provide root cause analysis
- Perform Production deployments including configuration changes, installations, upgrades and updates
- Improve documentation on data center infrastructure and best practices including architecture diagrams, how-to-guides and run-books
- Evaluate and recommend new approaches to system administration, system engineering and automation
- Participate in on-call activities on a rotation basis
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- In-depth knowledge of Linux
- System programming experience with Bash or Python
- Experience deploying and managing Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Ansible, ELK (Elastic, Logstash and Kibana), and Atlassian tools such as BitBucket, Confluence, Gliffy and JIRA
- Experience with large-scale Production environments maintaining high availability and scalability
- Knowledge of CICD pipelines and technologies including Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP including ports and protocols
- Good problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills working with servers, hypervisors, VMs, containers, storage appliances and networks
- Work on multiple projects at the same time with tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.