Senior Developer in Test / Automation QA (Virtual Backup)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are looking for a Senior Developer in Test/Automation QA (Virtual Backup) who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are looking for a senior developer in test to join our team in growing R&D center in Bulgaria, Sofia, working on innovative technologies for Acronis Backup.
Our team is responsible for integration of the company flagship product Acronis Backup with various virtualization platforms, in order to perform backup and restore operations with virtual machines (and hypervisor hosts).
Here you will be working on various challenging issues from various fields, such as:
• Figuring out in-depth work of VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo and other hypervisors to address platform-specific issues;
• Deep understanding of file systems management and parsing (FAT, NTFS, Ext, XFS, ReFS);
• Understanding the boot sequence of operating systems to ensure bootability across different virtualization platforms during VM backup and restore;
• Performing integration with Azure, Google, Oracle, Amazon clouds, XenServer platforms.
This position is mainly responsible for implementing automated framework and automated scenarios. You will maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex integrated systems.
This involves working collaboratively with all teams including RnD departments based in other offices.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with strong desire to learn. The position involves a substantial portion of "hands-on" work and requires an individual able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop test automation framework
- Run and analyze automated test launch results, prepare reports
- Design and execute automated tests
- Build, execute and maintain automation, test strategy and QA process
- Keep and maintain QA & Automation metrics and trend & test data, deployment status, and environment status
- Interact with production supervisors/managers to identify areas to improve equipment throughput, flexibility, quality, safety, and/or reliability
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 3+ hands-on Python development experience
- Proficient Linux user
- Strong understanding of HTTP, RESTful interfaces
- Experience in using test frameworks in a CI/CD environment - Jenkins, Bitbucket, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in Virtualization Platforms is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
WHO WE ARE:
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in over 45 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Our corporate culture is focused on making a positive impact on the lives of each employee and the communities in which we live. Mutual trust, respect, personal achievement, individual leadership, and a belief that we can contribute to the world everyday are the cornerstones of the Acronis Team.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Employee recognition program – CyberDragon Award
Employee referral bonus program
Hybrid and flexible working mode
25 days paid annual leave
Supplementary health insurance for employees and family members, including dental treatment
Monthly sports card for employees and family members
Monthly public transport card
Convenient and modern office location in the Building of the year including office massage and game rooms
Free parking for cars, bikes and bicycles
Free lunch vouchers
Parties, team-buildings and birthday compliments
Global mentorship program
In-house training and professional development activities
Participation in conferences and seminars