Senior C++ Software Developer (Virtualization)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a C++ Software Developer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
The Virtualization backup team is responsible for integration of the company flagship product (Acronis Backup) with various virtualization platforms, in order to perform backup and restore operations with virtual machines (and hypervisor hosts). The team works both on implementation of brand new features and fixing existing product-related issues. In the Virtualization backup team, you will be working on various challenging issues from various fields, such as:
- Figuring out in-depth work of VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo and other hypervisors to address platform-specific issues;
- Deep understanding of file systems management and parsing (FAT, NTFS, Ext, XFS, ReFS);
- Understanding the boot sequence of operating systems to ensure bootability across different virtualization platforms during VM backup and restore;
- Performing integration with Azure, Google, Oracle, Amazon clouds, XenServer platforms.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Development of Acronis products integration with new virtualization platforms and implementation of other product features related to virtualization
- Troubleshooting and fixing discovered issues
- Performing code reviews; implementing unit tests; debugging and integrating the code
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Demonstrable expertise in building, deploying, monitoring, and debugging highly-scalable applications using С++
- Knowledge in any one of the Platforms such as Windows and related development technologies with hands-on experience
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts (e.g. Multi-Threading, OS internals, Networking, TCP/IP protocol, IPC mechanisms)
- Experience with debugging tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, GDB, WinDbg) and reverse engineering
- At least average system administration skills (Windows, Linux, Network, File systems)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the Python, Golang is plus
*Please submit your resume and application in English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Attractive remuneration
- Meal vouchers
- Supplemental Health insurance
- Tickets for conferences and seminars
- Challenging atmosphere and interesting projects
- Future career development in a multinational company