Public Relations Manager, North America
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are looking for a Public Relations Manager who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
As the Public Relations Manager you will nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness, and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. This is an exciting, fast-paced and multi-disciplined role that encompasses public relations, social media and analyst relations activity in North America (and beyond, with growth for a global scope) and assist our charitable and sports departments.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the development of marketing and executive communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Coordinate all public relations activities for North America, with growth for global scope, including managing media inquiries and interview requests, creation of content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Contribute to media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry leaders
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Work in a flexible, hybrid work model
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- A solid understanding/interest of cyber security industry, security PR experience a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in a communications role, with an agency or B to B tech brand
- Strong background in media relationships including press release writing, project management, and coordination of media activities
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, capable of building strong working relationships across all departments of the org both in-person and virtually
- Experience managing a PR agency relationship and company social media
- Experience working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth, global company
- Self-motivation with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Media relations/database
- Strong internal customer focus with desire to learn all aspects of the business
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Our corporate culture is focused on making a positive impact on the lives of each employee and the communities in which we live. Mutual trust, respect, personal achievement, individual leadership, and a belief that we can contribute to the world everyday are the cornerstones of the Acronis Team.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.