Cloud Priority Support Engineer (API)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Cloud Priority Support Engineer (API) who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are looking for an API and Integration Support Engineer to join our team working on innovative technologies for Acronis Cyber Cloud Platform. You will serve as a technical resource to assist our service provider partners with our various integrations and Acronis API. This involves working collaboratively with QA, RnD, and Product Management located globally.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Actively work with partners and customers to answer API- and Platform-related technical questions via email, phone, Forum community, or alternative channels
- Learn our API products in depth to be able to answer product knowledge on the fly; provide best practices for implementing API requests and deploying supported SDK products in automation and integration scenarios with Acronis Cyber Platform
- Troubleshoot development stand issues related to our API or documentation inconsistencies, perform technical analysis of partner-reported problems and define plan for fixing them
- Work closely with the Support, Engineering, Product Management teams to address SP partners’ technical issues related to Cloud platform API, SDK, and other technical integration questions (act as a liaison between the partner and internal Acronis resources)
- Implement defect fixes in collaboration with Engineering teams
- Create best practice guides and other Support documentation for Acronis Developer Network portal
- Under the direction of a higher-level engineer, test software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development
- Interact daily with other engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of cases that require escalation
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Fluent English (both verbal and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum) – Spanish of Portuguese knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working at an MSP (Managed Service Provider) or with an MSP as a part of a SaaS organization
- Programming experience in Python and/or PHP
- Experience in REST and RESTful APIs
- Linux/UNIX professional (application and configuration management; RHCSA as a baseline; CLI power user)
- Network professional (know how to use Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Windows Server professional (know how to gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer)
- Virtualization professional (know how to deploy and manage Virtual Machines on VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V clusters)
- Business applications professional (should be familiar with one or more of the following: MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp, NTP servers)
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills, in addition to excellent customer service skills and the ability to convey technical information easily and accurately
- Passion to dig in and resolve complex issues using all available resources
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.