Principal Data Scientist
Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while also providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside of our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
The Principal Data Scientist is at the forefront of leveraging data to shape the business's strategic decisions. Reporting to the Senior Director of Platform Economics and Liquidity, this role will be primarily responsible for the design, development and operation of pricing and market-making algorithms across a growing portfolio of digital assets. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, and knows how to solve problems using a mix of economic theory, machine learning techniques, and industry experience in a financial or e-commerce setting.
The candidate will be based in Europe and will be required to communicate with colleagues in fluent Ukrainian and English.
- Develop, monitor, and improve algorithms that provide liquidity on our marketplace; including models for asset valuation, pricing and fee optimization
- Oversee and manage the operation of market making activities across our digital marketplaces
- Develop and operationalize models that improve user interactions with our marketplace, including recommendation engines and retention/user lifecycle prediction
- Assess, integrate and analyze new sources of internal and external data
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to productize data solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with exceptional academic credentials (e.g., Mathematics, EE/CS, Statistics, or Operations Research)
- 5+ years’ experience working in a marketplace or e-commerce setting including as a contributor to strategic decisions
- Intermediate to advanced Python development skills
- Experience working with Python scientific computing packages (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, sklearn)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of optimization methods, statistics, econometrics, and machine learning
- MA/MS. in a technical field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics/Finance, EE/CS, or Operations Research
- Previous people management experience in technical, development focused roles
- Familiarity with the GCP suite, including BigQuery, Composer, and Cloud Functions
- Familiarity with Airflow workflow management tools
- Interest in and proficiency with blockchain solutions
- Passion for video games
Location: Ukraine, Portugal.
- Team of like-minded professionals who understand your game passion;
- Work in an international product company - Mythical Games is the resident of Diia City;
- Competitive financial reward;
- Health care starting on your first working day;
- 22 paid vacation days, paid sick leaves and other personal days in accordance with the company's internal policies;
- Flexible working hours;
- Referral bonuses;
- Financial support and PTO in case of special occasions governed by the internal policies of the company.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com.
We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.