Customer Support Engineer -Software (Canada - Remote)
Customer Support Engineer - Software
Location: Canada (can work remotely, but must be physically located in Canada)
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, the open source distributed database preferred by performance-obsessed developers. We are also the provider of the GridGain In-memory Computing Platform that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, and United Healthcare rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GridGain is seeking a Software Engineer, Customer Success to join the Customer Success organization and help delight GridGain customers across the world.
In this role, you will work with some of the best engineers on bleeding-edge, open-source based technologies, help GridGain customers make the best use of the GridGain and Apache Ignite platforms and contribute to the product roadmap and feature development. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop and hone their software development and trouble-shooting skills and gain valuable customer-facing and public speaking experience.
Location: Remote. Located anywhere in Canada.
Required Job Duties:
- Support Apache Ignite and GridGain users in troubleshooting complex technical issues and providing architectural, deployment and API usage recommendations.
- Implement pilot projects and proof-of-concept deployments to meet architectural, performance and other requirements of potential customers.
- Contribute in the developmentof platform features and integrations with different technologies and tools.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new features,influence the product roadmap based on customer feedback.
- Support the Apache Ignite community by speaking at conferences, meetups and webinars and writing blogs, articles, etc.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer, or equivalent in relevant higher education and academic project work.
- Excellent Java SE knowledge including IO, JVM internals, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Some experience with or deep understanding of concurrent programming.
- The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience in troubleshooting Java applications and/or databases.
- Experience with building distributed systems and algorithms.
- Deep knowledge of concurrency in Java and Java Memory Model and/or of concurrency model in other programming systems.
- Experience with NoSQL and/or distributed databases.
- Experience working with and deploying software on public cloud (AWS, GCE, Azure) infrastructures.
- Experience with containerized and automated deployment tools like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience working in support, consulting or other customer-facing positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.