Senior Consultant - (USA - Remote)
Location: US (EST preferred) or Canada - can work remotely but must be physically located in one of two locations
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, the open-source distributed database preferred by performance-obsessed developers. We are also the provider of the GridGain In-memory Computing Platform that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, and United Healthcare rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GridGain is seeking a Senior Consultant to help its customers in architecting and designing solutions to real-world, complex business requirements. You will apply your strong analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle transactional and analytical challenges that come in working with massive amounts of constantly changing data. With customer success and satisfaction as your driver, you will delight customers by utilizing your deep experience in solution design and architecture best practices while helping them optimally deploy and implement the GridGain platform.
Location: This is a remote position. Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada and should be willing to travel to customer sites occasionally.
Required Job Duties:
- Provide advisory services and help GridGain customers architect the right solution to their business use-cases by building and utilizing your deep understanding of big data and in-memory computing technologies.
- Architect, implement and configure the GridGain platform on customer sites to support the required performance, scale, reliability and availability.
- Apply your deep hands-on Java development and database programming experience to identify and debug performance bottlenecks at the JVM level or data model and query level to achieve desired performance throughput.
- Utilizing your hands-on technical skills, help customers get to the root cause of unexpected platform behavior and debug/resolve complex technical issues.
- Build a mutually trustworthy relationship with GridGain customers based on deep understanding of their business drivers, strategic goals, technical challenges and your desire and ability to provide the optimal technical advice and guidance.
- Leverage your experience and proximity with customers and work closely with Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support staff to identify, document and help resolve technical issues and product feature/functionality gaps.
- Support and help grow the open-source community through your participation in meet-ups, design/code camps and technical speaking engagements.
- Be available during business hours to meet deadlines and client needs, coordinate with co-workers, attend conference calls and/or face-to-face meetings, and handle day-to-day operations necessary for the position
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Deep hands-on experience writing complex, distributed, multi-threaded JEE applications
- Experience architecting and implementing highly scalable, highly transactional, multi-datacenter and secure applications
- Hands-on experience in working with various RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL technologies, including but not limited to Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB and 3rd party platforms like DataStax, DataSynapse, etc.
- Solid understanding of web services, micro-services architecture, messaging platforms and technologies
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies as well as various security protocols, design patterns and technologies
- Familiarity with cloud-based architectures and deployments in AWS, Azure or other public/private cloud infrastructures
- Development experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Solid problem solving, analytical abilities, consulting and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills
- Self-organized and able to thrive under pressure
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.