Senior Software Engineer — С++ (EMEA — Remote)
Senior Software Engineer — С++
Location: EMEA (remote) — Portugal, Cyprus, Poland, Georgia, Serbia and other.
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, a TOP-5 Apache SF project, the open-source distributed database and computing platform which is used by companies all over the world for fast and fault-tolerant access to their data. Based on Apache Ignite, GridGain develops an extended GridGain In-memory Computing Platform, packed with mission critical features such as advanced security, disaster recovery and rolling upgrades that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, United Healthcare, and others rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GridGain is looking for an experienced in distributed systems development and multithreaded programming Senior Software Engineer (C++) to join the one of our Core Engineering teams in R&D department.
Required Job Duties:
- Develop and optimize the data structures for providing the best experience accessing data in high data-intensive scenarios
- Implement the best way to store data to disk and sending data via a network to other nodes (including failure handling and recovering if the failure has happened)
- Implement and integrate algorithms for high availability of the whole cluster
- Investigate flaws in data consistency algorithms, which may require thorough debugging either on multi-node cluster and in low-level byte represented data
Essential Skills & Requirements:
We welcome experienced software engineers who wish to develop and grow as professionals. We expect at least the following from a successful candidate:
- Deep knowledge of concurrency in C++
- 4+ years experience in C++ programming
- Experience with SQL databases
- English — upper-intermediate or higher
The following will be a strong plus:
- Experience with NoSQL and/or distributed databases
- Experience with building distributed systems and algorithms
- Hands-on experience with GPU development (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Understanding of query execution pipeline (query planning and execution)
- Knowledge of Java and Java Memory Model
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or public Cloud (AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.