Software Developer in Test (EMEA — Remote)
Software Developer in Test
LOCATION: EMEA (remote: Portugal, Cyprus, Poland, Georgia, Serbia and other).
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, a TOP-5 Apache SF project, the open-source distributed database and computing platform which is used by companies all over the world for fast and fault-tolerant access to their data. Based on Apache Ignite, GridGain develops an extended GridGain In-memory Computing Platform, packed with mission critical features such as advanced security, disaster recovery and rolling upgrades that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, United Healthcare, and others rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GridGain is looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our growing QA team.
Required Job Duties:
- Develop the internal testing framework (written on Java and partly open source).
- Write new test utilities and internal services.
- Automate routine tasks to simplify life for yourself and your colleagues.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience in test automation (Java).
- Understanding of testing processes.
- Unit testing and refactoring skills.
- Knowledge of shell scripting languages(bash, Windows batch or powershell).
- Experience with Git, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ability to work with Linux, Mac, Windows operating systems (including initial installation).
- Basic knowledge of SQL(you can write small queries with multiple joins and filter out unnecessary data).
- English — intermediate or higher
The following will be a strong plus
- Experience with NoSQL and/or distributed databases. Especially if it was Apache Ignite™.
- Experience in testing or working with distributed systems.
- Experience testing without functional specifications.
- Willingness to deal with complex cases, even when others have already refused.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to yourself and colleagues from RND in simple words.
- Experience with:
Docker, Kubernetes and/or public Cloud (AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.);
TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven;
PyCharm; C/C++, C#;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.