Senior Python Developer
Senior Python Developer
LOCATION: remote — Portugal, Cyprus, Poland, Georgia, Serbia, Armenia and other.
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, a TOP-5 Apache SF project, the open-source distributed database and computing platform which is used by companies all over the world for fast and fault-tolerant access to their data. Based on Apache Ignite, GridGain develops an extended GridGain In-memory Computing Platform, packed with mission critical features such as advanced security, disaster recovery and rolling upgrades that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, United Healthcare, and others rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a creative, experienced, and dynamic Senior Python Developer to join our core engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in developing data processing systems and have an expert level knowledge of the Python programming language with experience with data science and (ideally) machine learning techniques.
Required Job Duties:
- Developing libraries, tools and integrations for the core GridGain product
- Writing effective and scalable Python code
- Providing data science or ML expertise to other project teams within GridGain, as and when required
Essential Skills & Requirements:
We welcome experienced software engineers who wish to develop and grow as professionals. We expect at least the following from a successful candidate:
- Expert level proficiency in Python
- 5+ years experience as a Python developer preferably in the data science area.
- Familiarity with standard ML/data processing libraries such as PyTorch and/or Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, Pandas, etc
- Deep knowledge of SQL and RDBMS databases (PostgreSQL, etc)
- English on at least Upper-Intermediate level
The following will be a plus:
- Experience with building distributed systems/algorithms, experience with distributed/NoSQL/NewSQL databases
- Understanding of a range of analytics, data science, and machine learning techniques including ability to use regressions, models and classification techniques for data analysis, clustering, and data extraction / data mining
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience in development or support of C-extension
- Experience with ML
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.