HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
- 8-12+ years of experience in User Experience, Marketing, and/or Design Research
- Deep understanding of different qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Demonstrated capability in building research capacity and thinking in organizations, advising, training, and supporting others to elevate their research quality and utility
- Comfortable presenting to groups, working cross-functionally to build relationships, and crafting compelling stories from data
- Establish and evolve the brand strategy and positioning for Hovers products.
- Evangelize and influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, ensuring brand strategy is reflected in work and activities.
- Collaborate with internal insights team and external partners to design and analyze research.
- Understand and contextualize technological and market trends, as well as audience behavior, to inform strategy and creative development.
- Capture and bring to life human insights that inform creative and product strategy.
- Collaborate and support teams before and after the briefing.
- Unlock user-centered data points, challenge assumptions, and inspire teams to develop impactful brand and product experiences across verticals.
- Develop standards to define Hovers brand as it grows and evolves.
- Connect the dots between business and product strategy with the brand strategy, extracting true insights and translating them into actionable tasks for the team.
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide teams with meaningful and actionable customer insights.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across Hovers to inform product roadmaps and guide strategy.
- Empower product, growth teams, and others in the organization by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer.
- Partner closely with PDE and stakeholders to understand business and user problems, synthesizing insights into product vision and roadmap initiatives.
- Work closely with product, design, and marketing teams to define important research questions and identify key insights necessary for success.
- Advise and support internal teams in formulating and executing end-to-end research projects aligned with research questions, ensuring effective research design, high-quality synthesis of insights, and thoughtful translation into product and service features.
- Build Hovers' research toolkit and insights library, encompassing interviews, surveys, usability testing, concept studies, participatory design, ethnographic observations, and more.
- Enhance the communication of research insights to make them easily accessible and actionable for various stakeholders, employing visual information design and other effective methods.
- Identify, source, and manage freelance research talent when external resources are required for specific research questions.
- Articulate a vision for user research in product development and company strategy, guiding the leadership team in implementing a user-centric approach throughout the organization.
- Foster a consumer-centric culture and drive the integration of research into daily work by teaching research curricula, enabling teams to conduct their own studies and gain insights about customers when appropriate.
- Maintain accountability to user insights and goals throughout the product development process and lifecycle.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $173,000-$254,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?