Senior Director, Engineering
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
You will contribute by:
You will work collaboratively with your product, design and engineering counterparts to set vision, priorities, and product roadmap for the Product Engineering team. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to define and drive the long-term technical strategy. As a critical piece of the overall engineering leadership team you will contribute to team culture, processes, hiring practices and internal as well as external influence.
Your background includes:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering building full-stack systems and shipping customer-facing products on web and mobile
- Recent 4+ years of recent experience managing and leading teams of 10 or more which included full-stack engineers, engineering managers, and technical leads
- Exceptional leadership skills, including emotional intelligence and the ability to cultivate a collaborative and high-performing team environment.
- Proven ability to drive engineering recruitment efforts and build top-tier engineering teams.
- Outstanding project management capabilities with a knack for balancing priorities and resources effectively.
- Strong communicator capable of explaining intricate technical matters to diverse audiences.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $223,000-$328,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.