Senior Solutions Engineer, Product Operations
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
The Product Operations Team supports HOVER’s growth by maximizing customer and business development for early stage product and partnership initiatives. We are also responsible for pushing the boundaries of our data and production capabilities to enable HOVER’s mission to bring the world's physical structures to life. Our team works cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Design, and Go to Market business partners.
HOVER is looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer to unlock new workflows for customers through integration led growth with new and existing technology partners in the insurance and home improvement industry. We are on a mission to redefine the insurance software landscape and as the Senior Solutions Engineer, you will bridge the gap between innovative technology and real-world applications, ensuring that our insurance clientele reaps the maximum benefits. Your expertise will be pivotal in both pre-sale and post-sale stages, bringing intricate software solutions closer to our insurance customers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand your breadth and depth of knowledge in 3D-related products and data. You'll help shape our product roadmap based on the needs and requirements of the customers and partners that you engage.
You will contribute by:
- Technical Expertise in the Sales Cycle: You will play an essential role during the pre-sale process, preparing and delivering sales demos tailored to our insurance clientele. Your deep understanding of our products will ensure you address intricate questions and highlight the best features relevant to insurance.
- Solution Design and Implementation: Post-sale, you will design the configuration of products tailored to individual customer needs, ensuring smooth initial implementations and accommodating any custom requirements. You will be tasked with reviewing customer technical specifications and recommending the optimal product configurations or services.
- Troubleshooting and Support: As our frontline technical expert, you'll diagnose and resolve issues, providing workarounds, customizations, or directing repairs. Your expertise will be invaluable in ensuring our insurance clientele's satisfaction and trust.
- Continuous Learning and Training: To ensure consistency and knowledge transfer, you will deliver detailed technical product training to both customers and internal teams.
- Collaboration and Strategy: Working closely with the director of product operations and embedded within the solutions engineering organization, you'll bring a strategic viewpoint, ensuring our product roadmap remains aligned with the evolving needs of the insurance sector.
- Project Management: Your hands-on experience will be crucial in the weekly prioritization of solutions engineering sprints. By incorporating customer opportunity insights into the weekly scrum, you'll ensure our engineering efforts align perfectly with market demand.
- Owning Product Feedback Loop: Be the key conduit for feedback between our insurance customers and our product and engineering teams. Actively identify, gather, and prioritize product gaps or enhancements based on insurance customer needs, ensuring that our offerings continually evolve in alignment with market demands.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Solutions Consultant, Technical Sales Engineer, or Professional Services Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry
- Proven experience as a Technical Solutions Consultant, Solutions Engineer, or similar role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance vertical applications.
- Strong acumen in designing REST/GraphQL API solutions.
- Experience collaborating closely with Product and Engineering teams.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies and authentication protocols like SSO and OAuth.
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence tools, including Tableau and SQL.
- Stellar communication and presentation skills, with both internal teams and external customers.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $123,000-$181,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.