Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a senior frontend engineer to join the Insurance team. As a passionate group of engineers, we are looking for someone who is similarly motivated to build great products that are valued by customers. An ideal candidate will be excited to contribute to our frontend systems and our mobile apps. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to multiple systems and move the business forward in novel ways as you’ll be working on new products and capabilities focused on driving user value.
Our engineering team consists of driven and eager-to-learn engineers committed to unlocking HOVER’s true potential. As a group of growth-minded teammates we have a deep sense of ownership, enjoy close collaboration, and care about the success of the products we build. As part of this team you’ll have the opportunity to grow as an engineer and have access to learning and development stipends, refactor hours, and Excellent Fridays - a practice wherein you can spend your Fridays learning instead of squeezing out more commits.
The Insurance team is looking for a strong Frontend developer to round out our team's skill sets. Our team is made up of backend and fullstack developers who focus on solving problems for our insurance customers. Features for these customers touch both our website and mobile apps in addition to our backend systems so having the ability to make the needed UI changes across systems and work collaboratively with others is a must.
You will contribute by:
Whether it’s writing RFCs/tech specs or writing code (via pair programming or solo), most of your time will be spent contributing across the stack to build innovative products that delight our users. We take feedback from our customers seriously so you will be working closely with Product Managers and Designers to continuously improve the user experience. As you iterate, you’ll work closely with your fellow engineers to architect new systems, refactor code under test, and continuously deploy code to production.
Your background includes:
- Familiarity with common frontend development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Operating in an 80/20 mindset
- Empathy with users and a strong customer focus
- Great written and verbal communication
- Exposure to React Native is a strong plus
- Backend development experience (such as Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Sidekiq)
- Experience in a high growth technology startup a plus
- Experience working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $121,000-$180,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.