Staff Analyst, Revenue Analytics & Strategy
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you
HOVER’s Go To Market has evolved in recent years amid substantial growth in products offered, motions pursued, active customers, and ultimately revenue. Our Revenue Analytics & Strategy team partners across all of our Go-To-Market functions, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations, Partnerships, and Business Development. Our business is growing quickly, and a major driver of our historical success has been a rigorous focus on using data to drive our most crucial decisions. This is exactly where you come in.
The team is looking for an autonomous problem solver who enjoys leveraging their technical skills to tackle complex business challenges and frame up effective solutions. This role requires the ability to structure ambiguous problems, conduct meaningful analyses, and drive alignment across teams. You will work directly with VP/Director level Go To Market leaders and be comfortable driving projects end to end, including scoping the right way to think about the topic, crunching the numbers, telling the story, and ultimately making a recommendation.
Your background likely includes some combination of Go-To-Market analytics/insights, management consulting, business/revenue operations, and/or strategy that leaves you hungry for a role that covers a broad scope and provides an opportunity to drive an outsized impact within the company.
How you’ll contribute
You’ll work both as a direct partner to senior leaders and act as a resource willing to help across a data driven company.
This will mean operating as a functional expert and core partner to our go-to-market organization leaders, as you'll need to actively understand, prioritize, and scope against their strategic priorities. Once projects are determined, you’ll feel comfortable working quickly, effectively, and independently to get the work done.
You’ll also help people across the business ask the right questions, build data driven narratives to answer those questions, and align groups to the right decisions at the times they matter most. You’ll know the size, shape, and scope of our Go-To-Market data better than anyone else, and this intuitive understanding of the numbers will be your superpower in collaborations. As an experienced storyteller, you will be someone who non-data-literate coworkers go to in order to seek help breaking down challenging issues quantitatively. This will sometimes mean a rough back-of-the-envelope pass in 15 minutes, and other times might mean leading a multi-month cross functional project.
No matter the group or the task, you will thrive at the whiteboard for kicking off the discovery process, at the keyboard for digging into the heavy analyses, and at building a storyline to share your insights with the appropriate group.
You will be among a team of Data Evangelists who care about fostering a culture of data driven decision making. We will look to you to celebrate data, analytics, and insights across the company.
- 7+ years in data analytics, data science, business / sales operations, management consulting, or similar functions
- Deep experience and comfort with using advanced SQL every day for complex analyses
- Deep experience and comfort with a leading BI/Dashboarding platform (e.g. we use Tableau but it’s okay if you’ve used other options)
- Experience framing and building effective resources (charts, decks, docs, etc.) for successful storytelling
- Experience prioritizing (and communicating that prioritization effectively) to senior audiences
- Experience leading group projects and enabling progress across multiple people’s work streams simultaneously
- Experience cultivating broad revenue acumen and the ability to synthesize large amounts of information quickly to get-to-the-point
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $121,000- $178,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.