Senior Computer Vision Engineer
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER Wants You:
Computer Vision is at the core of our technology and our future. We’re looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in computer vision to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. We are looking for someone who can leverage and advance the state-of-the-art in deep learning computer vision and image generation to fundamentally influence our visualization and design tools as well as our core 3D products.
This role is very much rooted in developing practical applications that can have immediate value to the business. You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, prompt engineers, operations, and devops engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel at communication and collaboration.
You Will Contribute By:
- Design, implement, improve, and evaluate generative AI algorithms and systems for image generation and scene understanding
- Design and develop creative solutions and novel algorithms in an applied research setting through rapid prototyping to validate hypothesis and identify promising directions to solve failure cases
- Continue to learn and deepen your technical expertise while also mentoring and contributing to the growth of the computer vision group
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization
Your Background Includes:
- Substantial experience developing algorithms for image/3D generation either in academic research or industrial setting
- Deep theoretical understanding and practical experience developing novel algorithms for some of the following topics:
- Generative models such as diffusion models, GANs, VAEs, and emerging methods.
- Exerting control over generative model outputs in novel ways, e.g. controlnets.
- Training image-based feature detectors (surface normals, depth maps, geometric primitives, semantic segmentation, object detection)
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent software development skills
- Comfortable building prototypes in Python
- Highly competitive and passionate about solving hard technical problems
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to thrive amidst ambiguity & uncertaint
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- PhD related to Image Generative Models
- Strong track record of research in related areas including but not limited to (preferring candidates with publications in top-tier venues such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV)
- Practical experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications