Revenue Manager, Accounting
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Manager to join our accounting team and immediately contribute to our financial operations. Your responsibilities will extend from managing day-to-day revenue operations to contributing to financial reporting and analysis. This role is a chance to immerse yourself in the financial intricacies of HOVER, gaining comprehensive knowledge of our financial processes and contributing to our growth and success.
Our Accounting team is a vital component of HOVER, playing a key role in the company's financial health and strategic decisions. This role will become an integral part of our expanding revenue accounting team of 4 in a vibrant, fast-paced, and rapidly growing environment. You'll have the opportunity to deepen your understanding of our products and customer base, working in an environment that values teamwork, creativity, and learning. The perfect candidate will possess expertise in ASC 606 revenue recognition and demonstrate exceptional ability to collaborate with various teams for optimal revenue results. The perfect candidate will also be passionate about increasing operational effectiveness and refining processes. This position will report to the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager.
You will contribute by:
This role is pivotal in refining our revenue accounting policies and procedures while also contributing to sales and legal discussions. Additionally, you will serve as a strategic business partner within cross-functional teams, cultivating strong relationships across departments to drive strategic decision-making.
As our Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for managing the company's revenue recognition policy in accordance with ASC 606 standards. This includes conducting comprehensive reviews of contracts and undertaking ad hoc research to address complex revenue transactions and any non-standard terms. As a revenue subject matter expert, you'll collaborate with Go-To-Market (GTM) teams, Legal, and Revenue Operations (RevOps) to provide technical revenue accounting guidance during deal negotiations. This collaboration aims to optimize revenue outcomes for the company while maintaining operational efficiency. Your responsibilities will also encompass assisting with the broader scope of revenue operations, including aspects like contract configuration, billing, and collections. Furthermore, you'll lead ad hoc system implementation projects to facilitate process improvements and will play a key role in annual audits.
Your background includes:
- 5+ plus years of revenue recognition experience, preferably a combination of experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or related SaaS experience with in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards
- Experience with SaaS and usage-based models preferred
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Ability to perform technical accounting research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team members and cross-functional partners in a clear, logical manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and at various levels within a company
- High degree of comfort navigating and reconciling large data sets across multiple sources
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite
- CPA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $104,000-$153,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.