Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a seasoned software engineer and technical leader to help build out our mobile platform. We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about the user experience. You think about long-term solutions and enjoy the process of collaborating with your teammates to architect reliable, scalable and maintainable applications.
- Collaboration, pair programming and teamwork
- Career growth and learning
- Making small changes, and shipping code to production continuously
- Coding cross-platform, Android and iOS and across the stack (frontend and backend)
- Test-driven development, and refactoring regularly to keep our codebases healthy
The Mobile team’s mission is to enable our users to collect and digitize the 3D world around them, and provide a solid mobile platform for various collaborating teams to build upon. This includes both our own in-house app, as well as SDK’s that clients can incorporate into their own apps. You’ll be a critical part of HOVER’s roadmap as you work on developing performance-critical user experiences which are the primary user touchpoint for our entire platform.
You will contribute by:
You will be writing code across the stack to build innovative products that delight our users. The features you build will directly help our users get their jobs done faster and better. We take feedback from our customers seriously, and you will be working closely with Product Managers, Designers and QA engineers to continuously improve on the user experience. As you iterate, you’ll work closely with your fellow engineers to architect new systems, refactor code under test, and continuously deploy code to production. As you grow into the role you will have opportunities to lead new product features and engineering initiatives.
Your background includes:
- Extensive, current experience (5+ years) architecting and building reliable, scalable, maintainable high-performance mobile applications
- Native Android (Kotlin preferred)
- User-centric perspective, concerned about providing the best UX possible
- Cares about best practices in quality and development
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to haves (familiarity with or desire to learn):
- React Native (or a similar modern frontend framework)
- Native iOS (Swift preferred)
- System Design
- Building and designing SDKs
- Mobile AR (ARCore / ARKit)
- GPU optimization (e.g. Metal)
- End to end testing frameworks
- CI/CD systems
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $145,000-$192,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.