Senior Software Engineer, 3D Modeling
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER Wants You:
3D models are at the core of HOVER’s products. HOVER is looking for engineers with deep technical experience in designing and implementing automated workflows and manual tools for efficient reconstruction of 3D models. You'll join a world-class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
The Modeling Pipeline team builds the tools that our in-house operations rely on for transforming customer captured data into highly accurate and detailed 3D models of buildings. We are also responsible for developing the pipeline and systems that process 3D data through automated and manual stages, as well as exporting data to customer facing formats.
You'll work alongside designers, as well as frontend, backend, computer vision, and DevOps engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel in communication and collaboration.
You Will Contribute By:
- Designing, developing and maintaining tools and pipelines that enable efficient and accurate reconstruction of 3D models.
- Discovering and developing novel 3D tools using cutting edge technologies.
- Translating product requirements into technical roadmaps and plans for new products and features.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization.
- Helping to define our technical strategy and priorities, as well as implications to HOVER’s corporate strategy.
Your Background Includes:
- Experience in at least one of the following: Creating systems and tools for 3D modeling/reconstruction, developing software related to the CAD Architecture space, solid background in 3D math and geometry.
- Comfortable defining technical requirements for open ended problems
- Comfortable writing technical documentation
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with the Ruby on Rails framework
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Houdini, Sketchup, Rhino, 3DS Max or similar software. Bonus: developing plugins for this kind of software
- Experience with procedural modeling, procedural geometry, geometry parameterization or geometry processing
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications