Senior ML Applied Researcher
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Do you get excited when your ML models interact with the physical world?
Are you ready to learn the new exciting world of smart robots?
Do you strive in a fast paced and dynamic (startup) environment?
Would you like to cooperate with top professionals in our industry?
If your answers are mostly yes, then keep on reading.
At Nomagic, we’re on a mission to teach robots the real world. We’re now looking for a Senior Machine Learning Applied Researcher, who’s ready to deep dive into the hard problems of understanding the real world (trying to match with software the millions of years of development leading to the human hand + eye) and share ML engineering experience and ideas with our amazing team.
- Play with robots every day
- Salary: 20-30k gross UoP/B2B per month + significant equity
- You can work mostly remote, but if you prefer to come to the office there is a climbing wall, a full fridge and our robots waiting for you!
- Relocation package
- Truly flexible working hours
- No late evening calls - the entire team is based in Europe :)
- English-speaking environment
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- Our robots are powered by AI
- We already have them in production
- We get to solve the problems no one has ever solved before
- We’re still pretty small, so everyone has a direct impact on the final result
- We have a very experienced engineering & management team from Google, unicorns (Criteo, Climate Corp...) & top robotics companies (ABB, Softbank Robotics, Dematic).
- We combine world-class ML research with top notch engineering and apply it to solve real problems.
Some of the problems you may try to solve with us:
- Research cutting edge deep learning approaches and apply it to robotic handling of a vast variety of objects.
- Increase our robots' dexterity by collaborating with the hardware team on real-world, physical innovations.
- Productionize novel approaches to anomaly detection (e.g. product disassembling in motion).
- Automate data and model retraining pipelines
- Use data to influence company-level strategic decisions
- Evaluate and monitor ML models in production, detect data drifts and other reasons for degraded performance
What skills we’d like you to have:
- PhD degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in deep learning and computer vision
- Experience in leading ML projects from inception to real-world deployment or research publication
- Technical capabilities to understand, expand and debug deep learning models for computer vision
- Drive to see final outcomes: from proof of concept to productionization
- Great problem solving skills and advanced knowledge of Python
- Excellent data analysis and communication skills
- Fluent communication in English
Additionally a plus:
- Experience in applying deep learning methods for robotics
- Proficiency in SQL.
What should you expect once you apply?
- 30 minutes call with a Recruiter
- 60 minutes Technical prescreen
- 60 minutes Hiring Manager interview
- Onsites - half a day of interviews & discussions at the office
See a short sneak peak of our product here: https://youtu.be/RQv_rbU8ffw
To apply, please click on the button below.