Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Design
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Are you motivated by product challenges, for which new solutions have to be invented?
Are you ready to learn the new exciting world of smart robots?
Would you like to cooperate with top professionals in our industry?
If your answers are mostly yes, then you should keep reading.
At Nomagic, we’re on a mission to teach robots the real world. We’re now looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, who defines and designs integrated solutions for robotized stations.
- Play with robots every day
- Salary: 14 000 - 24 000 PLN gross UoP per month plus equity
- Relocation package
- Truly flexible working hours
- No late evening calls - the entire team is based in Europe :)
- English-speaking environment
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- We build robots powered by AI
- We already have them in production (this means visiting customer site sometimes)
- We collaborate closely between Software, Hardware and ML engineering teams
- We’re still pretty small, so everyone has a direct impact on the final result
- We have a very experienced engineering & management team from Google, early unicorns (Criteo, Climate Corp...) & top robotics companies (ABB, Softbank Robotics, Dematic)
- We combine world-class research with top notch engineering and apply it to solve real problems
Some of the problems you may try to solve with us:
- Invent, design, prototype, test and build electrical hardware for industrial robots integration within automated cells (including sensors, pneumatic/electric actuators, PLC)
- Drive designs that scale across use cases
- Create designs in E-CAD, write documentation and maintenance manuals
- Apply best practices in terms of robust design and project documentation
- Carry out safety risk analysis for EC machinery directive
- Write CE declaration together with mechanical engineering team
- Be the lead engineer for electrical design in the company
- Work together with external partners, manage those partners and write specifications for them
- Work together with the mechanical engineering team
- Prepare and document concepts of new features that address complex problems based on available data and conscious assumptions
- Participate in the design of all new products and integration of robots at customer sites
- Debug problems, improve components and standardize our systems
- Coordinate manufacturing of parts we need
What skills we’d like you to have:
- Experience with design of automated solutions is a must
- Hands-on experience in EPLAN
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams with high level of communication skills
- Great intuition in development of new solutions via fast iterations and testing phase
- Rapid prototyping techniques knowledge is a plus
- General knowledge on electrical parts and follow up of suppliers
- Highly energetic and hands-on attitude. Strive to get things done and find solutions whatever it takes
- Engineering degree (Electrical Engineer)
- Excellent communication skills in English. French and/or German is a plus
What should you expect once you apply?
- 30 minutes call with a Recruiter
- 1 hour Hiring Manager interview
- 1 hour Technical Interview
- Homework + Onsites - half a day of interviews & discussions in our office in Warsaw
- Important: expect detailed feedback regardless of our decision.