Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2021
Do you get excited when your ML models interact with the physical world?
Are you ready to learn the new exciting world of smart robots?
Would you like to cooperate with top professionals in our industry?
If your answers are mostly yes, then keep on reading.
At Nomagic, we’re on a mission to teach robots the real world. We’re now looking for an Machine Learning Engineer, who’s ready to deep dive into the hard problems of understanding the real world (trying to match with software the millions of years of development leading to the human hand + eye) and share ML engineering experience and ideas with our amazing team.
- Play with robots every day
- Salary: 17 000 - 22 000 gross UoP/B2B per month + equity
- You can work remotely, but if you prefer to come to the office there is a climbing wall, a full fridge and our robots waiting for you!
- Truly flexible working hours
- No late evening calls - the entire team is based in Europe :)
- English-speaking environment
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- Our robots are powered by AI
- We already have them in production
- We get to solve the problems no one has ever solved before
- We’re still pretty small, so everyone has a direct impact on the final result
- We have a very experienced engineering & management team from Google, unicorns (Criteo, Climate Corp...) & top robotics companies (ABB, Softbank Robotics, Dematic)
- We combine world-class ML research with top-notch engineering and apply it to solve real problems.
Some of the problems you may try to solve with us:
- Build and deploy new ML-based approaches to:
- Automate data and model retraining pipelines;
- Build tooling for easy qualitative and quantitative analysis of computer vision model’s performance;
- Evaluate and monitor ML models in production, detect data drifts and other reasons for degraded performance.
Enable using new grippers to expand the range of products handled by our robots;
Detecting anomalies like detecting product opening in motion, to know when to ask a human operator for help
What skills we’d like you to have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent experience
- Great problem solving and software engineering skills, advanced knowledge of one of modern programming languages (we mainly use Python but C++ and Rust are also welcome).
- Experience with delivering components of complex, multistage software systems.
- Experience with ML frameworks like PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- Understanding of data-centric approach to training, deploying and monitoring ML models.
- Fluent communication in English.
Additionally a plus:
- Experience with solving real-world computer vision problems with ML techniques
- Experience with ML training orchestration and experiment tracking tools
- Fluency in writing complex SQL queries
- Foundations in statistics - hypothesis testing, confidence intervals.
What should you expect once you apply?
- 30 minutes call with a Recruiter
- 60 minutes Technical prescreen
- 60 minutes Hiring Manager interview
- Onsite visit
- We make the final decision after max. 4-5 days after onsite interview
- Expect detailed feedback regardless of our decision.
See a short sneak peak of our product here: https://youtu.be/RQv_rbU8ffw
To apply, please click on the button below.