Senior Mechatronics Design Engineer
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2021
At Nomagic, we’re on a mission to teach robots the real world.
We’re now looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, who defines and designs integrated solutions for robotized stations.
- Play with robots every day
- Salary: 12 000 - 22 000 UoP per month plus equity
- Relocation package
- Truly flexible working hours
- No late evening calls - the entire team is based in Europe :)
- English-speaking environment
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- We build robots powered by AI
- We already have them in production (this means visiting customer site sometimes)
- We collaborate closely between Software, Hardware and ML engineering teams
- We’re still pretty small, so everyone has a direct impact on the final result
- We have a very experienced engineering & management team from Google, early unicorns (Criteo, Climate Corp...) & top robotics companies (ABB, Softbank Robotics, Dematic)
- We combine world-class research with top notch engineering and apply it to solve real problems
Some of the tasks you may work with us:
- Invent, design, prototype, test and build hardware for industrial robots integration within automated cells (including mechanical parts, sensors, pneumatic/electric actuators)
- Participate in the design of all new products and integration of robots at customer sites
- Debug problems, improve components and simplify our systems: iterate, iterate, iterate
- Create designs in CAD, write documentation & maintenance manuals
- Prepare and document concepts of new features that address complex problems based on available data and conscious assumptions
- Coordinate manufacturing of parts we needDrive designs that scale across use cases
- Apply best practices in terms of robust design and project documentation
What skills we’d like you to have:
- Experience with design of automated/robotized cells is a must
- Hands-on experience in CAD; SolidWorks is a plus.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge on smooth integration of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical components
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams with high level of communication skills
- Great intuition in development of new solutions via fast iterations and testing phase
- Rapid prototyping techniques knowledge is a plus
- General knowledge on materials, machining processes to be able to provide guidance and follow up of suppliers
- Highly energetic and hands-on attitude! Strive to get things done and find solutions whatever it takes
- Engineering degree (Robotics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar)
- Excellent communication skills in English. French and/or German is a plus
What should you expect once you apply?
- 30 minutes call with a Recruiter
- 1 hour Hiring Manager interview
- 1 hour Technical Interview
- Homework + Onsites - half a day of interviews & discussions at the office
We make the final decision after max. 4-5 days after onsite interview. Important: expect feedback regardless of our decision.
See a short sneak peak of our product here: https://youtu.be/RQv_rbU8ffw
To apply, please click on the button below.
See more open positions at Nomagic
Something looks off?