Head of Accounting & Controlling (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region headquartered in Vienna. We enable our customers to buy electronics such as smartphones, tablets or laptops up to 40% cheaper and in a more sustainable manner and save up to 80% in CO2 by buying refurbished opposed to new devices.
We founded our company in February 2017 and grew to more than 300 employees in the last five years and already expanded from Germany & Austria to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and further European countries. Along the way we won several awards, completed two large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products, which makes us one of the fastest growing startups in Europe right now. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
For our Finance team, we are looking for an outstanding professional to join as our Head of Accounting & Controlling (f/m/x). This role reports directly to the CFO and will give you a unique opportunity to grow with the company.
Together with you and your talent we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Accounting or Finance from a top-tier university or equivalent
- You have at least 8 years of experience in accounting, controlling, and reporting in local (Austrian) and international GAAP such as IFRS
- You are a leader of the accounting and controlling functions and have experience in a multinational and/or listed company or a Big 4 company or equivalent
- You have supported CFOs on M&A deals, public listings or trade sales from the financial accounting side and ensured the readiness for such transactions
- You are used to a fast-paced, changing environment and have worked for high growth companies in the past
- You are very keen on accuracy and quality and always have a high attention to detail
- You have a can-do mentality and are naturally a problem-solver
- You have a hands-on mentality and have excellent communication and written skills
- You are fluent in German and English
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference
What you will do
- You lead, manage, and continuously improve the Accounting & Controlling team
- You support the organization and the CFO on complex transactions and ensure the companies readiness for public and/or private capital transactions
- You prepare closings of our accounts in local (Austrian) and international GAAP, stand-alone and consolidated, ensure correct filings of tax and financial reports on a regular basis and lead any financial or tax audits
- You support the management and the CFO in setting up accounting and controlling systems in new jurisdiction along the internationalization of our business
- You continuously improve the processes and systems in place concerning internal control, review any risks and propose mitigation measures
- You prepare budgets, formulate cash-flow projections, and monitor the financial performance of allocated resources to improve cost effectiveness and efficiency
- You ensure the efficient execution of payments and manage the treasury of the firm
Additional factors we appreciate
- You have gained work experience in e-commerce before
- You have previously worked in a high-volume business dealing with large transaction volumes such as e.g. payment service providers or equivalent
- You speak a European language (French, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, etc.) in addition to your German and English skills
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!