Senior Accountant (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region headquartered in Vienna. We enable our customers to buy electronics such as smartphones, tablets or laptops up to 40% cheaper and in a more sustainable manner and save up to 80% in CO2 by buying refurbished opposed to new devices.
We founded our company in February 2017 and grew to more than 300 employees in the last five years and already expanded from Germany and Austria already to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and further European countries. Along the way we won several awards, completed two large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products, which makes us one of the fastest growing startups in Europe right now. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
For our Finance team, we are looking for an outstanding professional to join as our Senior Accountant (m/f/x). This role reports directly to the CFO/Head of Accounting & Controlling and will give you a unique opportunity to grow with refurbed.
Together with you and your talent we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Accounting or Finance from a top-tier university or equivalent
- You have 5+ years professional experience in accounting in a fast-paced environment (e.g. in a fast growing company/startup or at an accounting advisor)
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You are a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- You are keen on accuracy and quality as well as paying attention to detail
- You have a can-do mentality and do not use the term “That doesn’t work”
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference
- You are fluent in German and English
What you will do
- You own our major accounting tasks and ensure the efficient collaboration with our external accounting service provider for all Refurbed Group entities
- You prepare our Financial Statements according to local accounting standards (UGB) and may have experience in IFRS
- You review our accounting, controlling and treasury processes in place and drive their redesign to ensure future scalability and efficient automation, where applicable
- You support the implementation of new tools and systems in the future, such as e.g. an ERP system, expense and travel booking tools, etc.
- You act as a point of contact to our external tax accountants and are familiar with VAT, tax and e.g. transfer pricing / inter company matters
- You act as a project manager and ensure the timely reconciliation of accounts, when needed, lead the accounting tasks along audits of the company and implement new processes and systems together with the Finance team and management
- You are a key member of the Finance Team and act as a Sparring Partner for Senior/Executive Management with regards to complex Accounting questions
- You experience first-hand how to scale a business with a big vision and mission
- You collaborate with all departments to deliver your projects and tasks
Additional factors we appreciate
- You can leverage your excellent excel skills to improve efficiency of yet manual work
- You have experience in e-commerce and/or consumer goods
- You have experience in reporting for a publicly listed company
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!