Director/VP People (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
To lead our People Team, we are looking for a Director/VP People (f/m/x) who is passionate about building organizational sustainability, and at the same time having a positive impact on the environment. You will help design and establish a best-in-class People Strategy, while also acting as a sparring partner to the key Leadership Team for all People and Culture related topics. Key piece of your role will be to ensure best-in-class HR processes that will help support Refurbed on its growth trajectory. You will partner with key stakeholders by advising, guiding and supporting them on a variety of strategic people topics. Together with you and your talent, we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
WHO YOU ARE
- Track record of building HR in a remote tech environment (experience driving recruitment, overseeing compensation/reward philosophy, payroll, L&D etc.);
- Experience designing and executing a global people strategy, ensuring structure and process excellence (help build a structured, data-driven organisation);
- Experience partnering with the business and advising the LT on HR topics (stakeholder management and influencing skills);
- Experience building a sustainable organization - leading transformation to a performance-oriented culture (you are a strong communicator who can build trust and has led this mindset shift before);
- Ability to strengthen employee engagement/motivation in a remote-first setup (reducing attrition, managing employee expectations);
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing needs and generate new solutions to people and recruitment challenges;
- Strong analytical and data driven attitude;
- Resilience and keeping up with many balls in the air at the same time;
- “Making things possible" attitude.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help design and execute a best-in-class People Strategy to steer Refurbed on its way to becoming a healthy mature organization;
- Act as a trusted partner to the Founders and the rest of the Leadership Team on talent, culture and people topics, driving strong company values and engagement;
- Ensuring best-in-class HR processes and structure (Performance Management, Talent, Compensation and benefits, L&D, Org design, Communications and Engagement, etc.)
- Oversee scaling of the workplace infrastructure in line with Refurbed growth;
- Put data and insights at the heart of People operations and provide managers and leaders with the information they need to make the right business decisions, thus creating a structured, data-driven organization;
- Building and maintaining a positive work environment that promotes employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention; manage employee relations and performance issues.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!