UX/UI Team Lead (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
We work in cross-functional squads & believe in a product-led growth strategy, where each squad owns a part of the user experience/problem. With a high focus on end-customer happiness and retention we are looking for a UX lead that can help us to bring the biggest impact for our business and our customers.
This role will lead our amazing UX team, guiding them in creating outstanding user experiences across various domains and throughout the entire user journey. If you join our team, you will be responsible for both leading the team and helping them elevate their UX skills to deliver products with exceptional user experience.We are looking for 2 leads, one to join our Acquisition and Retention Tribe (B2C focused) and one for our Supply & Customer Satisfaction Tribe (B2B and CRM focus). Depending on the area, as a lead you would be managing a team of UX designers, a copywriter and UX engineer. #TalentForFuture
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, UX Design, or a related field.
- A mentor and coach, with at least 4 to 5 years of experience of developing and leading high-performing design teams.
- An expert in UX design methodologies, tools, and techniques, with a deep understanding of how to apply these to solve complex design problems.
- A strong communicator, able to articulate design decisions and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- As a lead you have a radical candor approach to feedback, are empathetic and lead by example.
- A hands-on leader, able to roll up your sleeves and dive into design, design validation and informed decision-making when needed.
- A creative problem-solver, with a passion for creating efficient and intuitive user experiences.
- Data-driven (Quali or Quanti) mindset and decision making and you are familiar with different validation methods that are relevant: (un)moderated usability testing, card/tree sort, A/B/multivariate tests.
- Bonus: You have experience working with UX copywriting.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and manage a team of UX designers, UX copywriter and UX engineer, providing mentorship, guidance and direction to ensure high-quality design outcomes and fostering their professional growth and career development.
- You will work closely with your team and the PM team, to bring our discovery and validation process to high standards both in terms of quality and speed.
- You will report directly to a Head of Product and together with them will help create a User centric Product Strategy.
- Work with other stakeholders to leverage the UX visibility and make sure everyone understands the value we want to deliver to our final user.
- Make sure you create and maintain the culture around a data driven approach (qualitative or quantitative), working with product and engineering to ensure the best result for the company.
- Champion the user experience, promoting a customer-focused design culture with methodical iterations to ensure we convert our visitors into happy and loyal customers.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!