Product Manager - (f/m/x) - Data
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We're Europe's fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished products, empowering customers to acquire items up to 40% cheaper while making a substantial impact on reducing CO2 emissions compared to buying new devices.
Since our launch in February 2017, we grew to more than 300 employees and expanded across the European region. Throughout this journey, we've successfully concluded three substantial funding rounds, selling hundreds of thousands of products. Thanks to our teams efforts, we were recognized as the Top Employer in the DACH region (2023 and 2024) by Kununu and secured the title of an ACM Preferred Employer (2023).
Do you care about sustainability and want to make a positive impact through your work?
Would you like to make the world a better place by promoting the circular economy and making sustainable, refurbished products available to the masses?
We are on the way to becoming THE marketplace for sustainable products and need YOUR skills to make it easier for our customers to find and buy sustainable products, every time they do, we plant a tree.
Why you should work with us
- Lots of interesting problems to solve all whilst doing something good for the world
- Fully remote in Europe (Work from anywhere) and flexible working hours
- Hybrid option if you fancy laying down roots in Vienna
- High-impact, highly visible work
- Excellent salary
- Colourful, international team with colleagues from almost every corner of the globe (We have colleagues from over 30 nationalities)
- Working with a group of like-minded people with the joint mission of using our skills to help make the world a better place
- Happy team (Employee happiness survey at over 80% happiness ratings)
- 3 rocking annual parties and ongoing events and initiatives (Yoga, Meditation, Oktoberfest)
- Personal learning budget
- Dedicated budget for monthly socials
- Support in both personal and career development from comprehensive onboarding to feedback and promotions
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager specialised in machine learning and data you will work with a cross-functional squad consisting of BE Engineers, Data scientists, and analysts. Together you will optimise our algorithm and data models enabling our customers to find and buy their perfect refurbed products faster and easier.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with cross-functional squad to translate strategy into a roadmap with specific initiatives to be tested for the machine learning models focused on optimizing offer selection and pricing
- Data Analysis: Work closely with Data Scientists and Analysts to analyze large datasets, extract meaningful insights, and use them to inform decision-making
- Collaboration: Foster a collaborative environment within the backend and data engineering squad and across departments to ensure seamless integration of machine learning solutions into our products and services
- Clearly communicate project updates, results, and insights to stakeholders, including non-technical audiences
- Gather insights from both internal and external sources to better understand user needs and identify levers that can enhance offer selection, always prioritising customer happiness and retention in decision-making
Who you are
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Significant experience in product management, with a focus on (big) data & machine learning projects
- You have a proven track record of successfully delivering machine learning projects
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you think strategically and make decisions based on data
- Experience working in cross-functional teams in a collaborative and agile environment.
- Knowledge of SQL & Business Intelligence (EG: Looker).
- Bonus points for experience with pricing algorithms
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region HQ’d in Vienna and active in multiple European countries.
Through our marketplace, we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops, and tablets that are up to 40% cheaper and more sustainable than buying new. For every sale we plant a tree (we've planted over 3.5 million since 2017) We are committed to driving the circular economy also making high-quality electronics accessible to people who are not able to buy everything brand new.
You can find out more about our sustainability mission here: https://nachhaltigkeit.refurbed.com/
Learn more about how our tech teams work on our engineering website here: https://www.refurbed.org/about/
If you want to find out for yourself about working at refurbed check this video out: Working@refurbed:
and our careers site here https://careers.refurbed.com/
Any questions before you apply, don’t be afraid to reach out. We’re a friendly bunch.
Everyone will get a response.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!