Sales and Business Development Manager - Household appliances (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We're Europe's fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished products, empowering customers to acquire items up to 40% cheaper while making a substantial impact on reducing CO2 emissions compared to buying new devices.
Since our launch in February 2017, we grew to more than 300 employees and expanded across the European region. Throughout this journey, we've successfully concluded three substantial funding rounds, selling hundreds of thousands of products. Thanks to our teams efforts, we were recognized as the Top Employer in the DACH region (2023 and 2024) by Kununu and secured the title of an ACM Preferred Employer (2023).
What could be better than working for a company driving the circular economy and making sustainable, refurbished products a no brainer when shopping online?
Working with the coolest household brands to enable them to make their products available to said shoppers? That is exactly what we are talking about here.
Why you should work with us
- To make a true positive impact on the Planet by convincing and consulting brands how to sustainably leverage from the circular economy
- Lots of interesting problems to solve all whilst doing something good for the world
- Fully remote in Europe (Work from anywhere) and flexible working hours
- The chance to be instrumental in growing a relatively new business area for the company
- Hybrid option if you fancy laying down roots in Vienna
- High impact, highly visible work
- Competitive salary
- Colourful, international team with colleagues from almost every corner of the globe (We have colleagues from over 30 nationalities)
- Working with a group of likeminded people with the joint mission of using your skills to help make the world a better place
- Happy team (Employee happiness survey at over 80% happiness ratings)
- Three rocking annual parties and ongoing events and initiatives (Yoga, Meditation, Oktoberfest)
- Personal learning budget
- Dedicated budget for monthly socials including team events & “buddy lunches”
- Support in both personal and career development from comprehensive onboarding to feedback and promotions
What you'll do
Your mission will be to work as of part of a team in growing the SDA (Small Domestic Appliances category/Home & Garden) at refurbed. You’ll connect with the biggest brands and work shoulder to shoulder with them to navigate the path to being more sustainable by selling their “like new” products through the refurbed marketplace.
- You’ll manage and grow existing accounts
- You’ll contribute to the expansion of our current supplier portfolio by securing, onboarding and managing new top-tier brands
- You have your finger on the pulse of the mood and requirements of your suppliers feeding back to the relevant teams to improve client experience and maximise revenue
- You’ll analyse data and trends to identify, action, and/or influence long term to maximize potential for your clients
- You’ll closely collaborate with marketing and product departments to maximise potential for the category
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, identify opportunities on both supply and customer end
- Networking, building brand awareness and attending relevant events around Europe
Who you are
- You have a background in Sales, Account Management, Business Development, Category Management or Merchandising, having previously worked at a retailer or brand
- You have a passion for sales and can effectively generate leads, onboard and manage high-value partners
- You have a wide network within the household industry that you’re ready to leverage to bring SDA to the next level
- You have an in-depth understanding of the key developments and challenges faced by industry players
- You love dealing with people and they love dealing with you
- You’re creative and highly analytical, thinking on your feet to find solutions
- You have experience in effectively managing cross-functional projects, setting and tracking appropriate KPIs and goals
- Prioritisation & Time management are your superpowers
- You are fluent in English & German both in written and spoken form (Other European languages a plus)
- A self starter, you can work independently and like to set yourself targets to achieve
- You are able to travel occasionally within the EU (ie to trade fairs, partner visits etc)
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region HQ’d in Vienna and active in multiple European countries. Through our marketplace we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are up to 40% cheaper and more sustainable than buying new. We are committed to driving the circular economy also making high quality electronics accessible to people that are not able to buy everything brand new.
You can find out more about our sustainability mission here: https://nachhaltigkeit.refurbed.com/
If you want to find out for yourself check this video out: Working@refurbed:
and our careers site here https://careers.refurbed.com/ Any questions before you apply, don’t be afraid to reach out. We’re a friendly bunch.
If not then, Apply here:
Everyone will get a response.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!