Sport Sales & Business Development Manager (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We're Europe's fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished products, empowering customers to acquire items up to 40% cheaper while making a substantial impact on reducing CO2 emissions compared to buying new devices.
Since our launch in February 2017, we grew to more than 300 employees and expanded across the European region. Throughout this journey, we've successfully concluded three substantial funding rounds, selling hundreds of thousands of products. Thanks to our teams efforts, we were recognized as the Top Employer in the DACH region (2023 and 2024) by Kununu and secured the title of an ACM Preferred Employer (2023).
For our Supply department, we are looking for an outstanding Sales & Business Development Manager to grow refurbed’s newest category: refurbed sports. The ideal candidate has a strong background in sales and business development alongside knowledge of and a strong network in the sporting industry.
Who you are:
- You have a background in Sales, Business Development, Category Management or Merchandising for sports, having previously worked at a sports retailer or brand
- You have a passion for sales and are able to effectively generate leads, onboard and manage high-value partners
- You have experience in business development with a proven track record for scaling projects and processes
- You have a wide network within the sports industry that you’re ready to leverage to bring refurbed sports to the next level
- You have an in-depth understanding of the key developments and challenges faced by sports industry players
- You have excellent analytical skills, with the ability to spot trends and take subsequent decisions based on (often limited) data
- You have a strategic mind and are always thinking one step ahead, keeping an eye on ‘the big picture’
- You have excellent German & English skills and are a top-class communicator, able to present information in a clear and convincing way, bringing multiple (senior) stakeholders together
- You have experience in effectively managing and taking full ownership of cross-functional projects, setting and tracking appropriate KPIs and goals
- You are able to travel occasionally within the EU (ie to trade fairs, partner visits etc)
What you will do:
- Directly report to our Head of Category Management
- Expand our current supplier portfolio by securing, onboarding and managing new top-tier sports brands and retailers
- Manage existing suppliers to maximize sale opportunities and product quality
- Define and implement processes to prepare the category for efficient scaling
- Design and execute an effective short- and long-term category growth strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams, in particular with our marketing and product departments, to further grow and improve the sports category
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, identify opportunities on both supply and customer end
- Collect and analyse sales data as well as internal and external feedback to track category growth, identify high-potential opportunities, and pivot where necessary
- Potentially lead the category after its initial scaling, in line with your personal growth
Additional factors we appreciate:
- You speak a European language in addition to English and German
- You have experience with refurbished/preloved sporting goods
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!