UX Researcher (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We're Europe's fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished products, empowering customers to acquire items up to 40% cheaper while making a substantial impact on reducing CO2 emissions compared to buying new devices.
Since our launch in February 2017, we grew to more than 300 employees and expanded across the European region. Throughout this journey, we've successfully concluded three substantial funding rounds, selling hundreds of thousands of products. Thanks to our team's efforts, we were recognized as the Top Employer in the DACH region (2023 and 2024) by Kununu and secured the title of an ACM Preferred Employer (2023).
As a UX Researcher (f/m/x) you will work with our for Supply & Customer Satisfaction Tribe to provide actionable insights on impactful customer problems and needs that help Product Squads to decide with confidence. UX Researchers work closely with UX Design, Product Management, Analytics and Strategy. Key to refurbed's success is our ability to test quickly, learn from testing, decide quickly, and iterate.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in UX research or similar
- You have significant experience in user research and its different methods (at least 2+ years)
- You have a proven track record of successfully delivering UX research projects in an agile set-up (being able to deliver continuous insights every 1-2 weeks)
- You bring expertise in delivering on-demand research (for product squads) as well as strategic research for the whole customer journey (tribe)
- You are familiar with Usertesting tools (e.g. Usertesting.com)
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor your communication/presentation to different audiences
- You are an expert in working in cross-functional teams in a collaborative and agile environment
- You are pragmatic and want to help us as a company to democratize UX research
What you will do:
- Continuously generate relevant and actionable insights: Conduct user research within your customer segment to gain insights into user needs, behaviors, and preferences. Through this research you should generate continuous actionable insights.
- Gain User Understanding through research: Conduct research to gain insights into the target audience's behaviors, motivations, and needs, while utilizing various research methods such as interviews, surveys, usability testing, and ethnographic studies to collect qualitative and quantitative data about user experiences. Gather feedback on users' interactions with the product to identify areas for improvement.
- Persona Development or Customer Segment Development: Help to create user personas or segments based on research findings. Personas & Segments help the product team empathize with users and make decisions aligned with user needs and goals.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with designers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to translate research findings into actionable design recommendations. Advocate for user-centric design decisions throughout the product development process.
- User Journey Mapping: Help the squads to map out the user journey to understand the entire user experience, from initial interaction to task completion. Identify pain points and opportunities for improvement in the user journey.
- Communication of Findings: Communicate research findings and insights to cross-functional teams in a clear and compelling manner during and after the projects, tailored to the audience. Help to communicate the value of user research and how it informs product design decisions. Ensure the voice of the customer is heard by sharing the insights & pain points across the company (continuous presentations, insights library).
- Continuous Learning: Stay informed about industry trends, new research methods, and emerging technologies to continuously improve research practice
Additional factors we appreciate:
- Bonus points for knowledge or Business Intelligence & Data Tools (e.g. Looker or Google Analytics)
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!